A software version upgrade was required for the sole ERP system of a 2000 user Australian-based multi-national. Due to the age of the incumbent server, a hardware upgrade was also required, which included a change to the underlying database structure
- The hardware/software upgrade had to occur simultaneously across nine countries.
- A high level of program customisations had to be reviewed and then redeployed
- Testing was required to cover all international process requirements and then re-educate users on related changes
- Key new functionality was introduced, requiring process change and user re-education.
- The upgrade of both hardware and software was achieved over an elapsed time of six months.
- User re-education occurred successfully through internal delivery