A large national service business with multiple locations ran each office as though they were a distinct business. A shift in strategy determined that these locations had to change to operate as one consistent, consolidated group.
We were engaged to assist them with reviewing and collating their current processes, as well as then developing a unified Future State.
- Each business unit location was given the opportunity to “state their case” through a detailed process mapping exercise. All client and contract variances were considered.
- Unique needs were discussed, reviewed and investigated in order to “determine specialness”, as well as if the process was critical to customer service delivery.
- Key customer requirements were collated and consolidated.
- The multiple current process state maps were combined into one common future state process, aiming to standardise process around “special requirements”, where possible.
- Analysis of the multiple current state process maps revealed that most of the location’s unique and “special” requirements had elements of similarity. Genuine unique customer needs were able to be highlighted and compared and then allowed for.
- For the first time the business had a clear view of the service operations across all locations and a way forward to roll out the future state processes.
- The consistency of process and data offers ease of measurement and comparison of Service performance across the business.
If you’d like to learn more or talk to us, click here for our contact details.