Our client, an ANZ business specialising in lifting and materials handing equipment, realised they need a B2B sales platform in order to better manage their customer needs. They initially embarked on a review of out-of-the-box eCommerce platforms, pre-built to work with their internal ERP. This process occurred in conjunction with their ERP vendor, however, their ERP vendor struggled to accomodate the range of business needs.
We were approached to provide a custom-built eCommerce platform, that worked with the end-customer needs as well as internal business process. The aim was to simplify process where possible, but also to automate any parts of the sales configuration process that were currently manual.
- We were initially engaged to design and build APIs connecting web pages built by a 3rd party to the internal ERP.
- This quickly expanded from API development into re-eingineering internal business process and system configuration, in order to provide a streamlined experience for internal users and clients. This leveraged our unique skillsets encompassing system and process understanding, as well as technical design.
- Special requirements involving complex price rules in the ERP needed to be extended to the new eCommerce platform.
- A new “product configuration” process was needed in order to automate the current “over the phone” manual process. This allowed the customer to essentially pick and choose options, or specific configurations, to be included in the build of their end product, to meet their unique requirements. The pre-existing complex price rules also needed to be available to this process.
- Back-end processes and ERP configuration were streamlined in order to make the most of the introduction of the new eCommerce platform. This reduced manual processes in several areas. Website product data was centralised to ERP resulting in consistency and ease of management of new items.
- Our portion of the eCommerce project was delivered on time and within estimated budget.
- Customer response to the new eCommerce platform was very positive, resulting in increased sales and reduced telephone enquiries.
- The success of the project has encouraged our client to extend this functionality to other business units and country operations within their Group. Our integration design has allowed for this with minimal additional development.
If you’d like to learn more about this project or talk to us, click here for our contact details.